In the Agricultural Sector we find businesses related, directly or indirectly, to Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries.
- “Seasonal” Farmers receiving economic subsidies but not technical support and the development / sharing of an adequate infrastructure in the field.
- Logistical difficulty in getting products to the whole country in a timely manner and at low cost while maintaining the cold chain.
- Growth for “organic” added value products due to consumer changes.
- Pricing in the Market opportunity is very sensitive to supply and demand.
- Restrictions in legislation to gain greater scale in operations and the need to manage agreements at the Federal, Municipal and Community level.
KEY BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Feasibility analysis according to the overall cost of the Supply Chain and Logistics delivery.
- Comprehensive Project Planning and the attraction of Funds.
- Optimization of key processes using technology.
- Intensive supervision and cost control.
- System of Quality and Safety in Operations.
- Innovation in the use of improved cultivation and harvesting techniques.
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Lack of education and professionalism in staff and standardized systems for performing work activities.
- Solutions and mainly empirical decisions without data support and analysis.
- Difficult to assess the performance and specific cost per unit/piece of work.
- Lack and Absence of equipment and infrastructure.
- Conduct a comprehensive planning scheme that applies to any new development from feasibility analysis to delivery to the customer / distributor;
- Document the work systems that summarize best practices of technical experts and provide a decision tree for 80/20 of the problems;
- Develop control and management processes that identify inputs and outputs of supplies by unit/cell/piece of work which allows for the assessment of profitability as well as the generation and capitalization of learning between work units; among others…