Mining and Energy
In the Mining and Energy Sector we find companies engaged in the extraction and processing of minerals; extraction and exploitation of hydrocarbons; power generation, and; marketing and distribution of energy byproducts to businesses and users, etc.
- Multiple provider of supplies and similar services for state businesses where there is fierce price competition.
- Bidding and procurement procedures, in some cases are prolonged and costly utilizing significant penalties for non-compliance and in other cases, very short and unrealistic response times for participants.
- High logistics costs and tax rates to market minerals and energy products.
KEY BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Planning, allocation and budgetary control
- Inbound/outbound logistics for provisions, services and finished products.
- Comprehensive Maintenance System for Production Equipment.
- Management and international benchmarking model for competitiveness.
- Quality Management Model aligned with compliance requirements and best practices.
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- High level of bureaucracy and a lack of communication as well as teamwork for initiatives that include the involvement of more than one functional area.
- Highly regulated sector in power generation activities.
- Insecurity due to organized crime in mining and extraction operations.
- Assurance of appropriate operating conditions such as a renovation plan for critical / key production equipment.
- Alignment, linking and simplification of the information systems with business procedures.
- Overall improvement of competitiveness with a focus on low cost (lean) operations.
- Define, for each line of operation/business 2-3 KPI´s for benchmarking and focused improvements that contribute to competitiveness;
- Simplify and re-engineer internal processes, followed by a re-parameterization or adjustment of informational systems that support it;
- Draw up protocols and digitize the procurement process creating checklists to expedite processes and ensure compliance with all the requirements of the bidding RFP; among others…