Public Sector and Nonprofit Organizations
In the Public Sector and Nonprofit Organizations we find institutions and governmental agencies in their various categories; Citizens Advice, Business and Employers’ Organizations of Private Enterprise; Trade Unions; Social Assistance; Public Services; NGOs, etc.
- Demand for transparency and ongoing communication of achievements and tangible progress to all stakeholders.
- Ever increasing requirements for regulations/compliance with multiple authoritative bodies / auditors / regulators.
- Growing number of participants who apply and compete for available budgets and / or financing.
- Difficulty in managing expectations of different stakeholders involved.
KEY BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Strategic definition and articulation of value processes for users / clients.
- Planning, allocation and budgetary control.
- Management of key indicators and government / campaign commitments.
- Internal Management Model (Quality) aligned with internal and external compliance requirements.
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Definition of the main objectives and alignment of all members.
- Simplification / integration of regulatory requirements into a single management model.
- Cause-effect linkage between objectives / commitments and KPIs for each area.
- Leveraging of Mass Media to reinforce the image and communicate the achievement progress of the objectives outlined.
- Define the overall strategy, missions by area and unfold them into functional plans;
- Define the comprehensive communication strategy within and outside the organization;
- Develop a comprehensive management model of processes and outcomes to ensure simultaneous compliance of the base requirements as well as the achievement of the most challenging goals set and / or committed stakeholders; among others…